Art Department Guidelines for Community Education courses:
1. The course must be short-term: 2 to 5 sessions.
2. The course must not teach the same subject matter that is already offered in credit-bearing courses.
3. The person teaching must have formal training in the subject matter, preferably a degree.
4. If the proposed teacher does not have formal training, he/she needs to offer a portfolio of work for the Art Department faculty to review.
5. The course must not be offered at the same time as other GUI funded courses are offered.