Thursday, February 6, 2014
Call for Entries
Bakersfield College Jones Gallery
2014 Art Student Juried
• • • • • • • • • • • •
About the exhibit
The purpose of this exhibit is to feature artwork created in credit-bearing Bakersfield College art courses, produced under the direction of an art faculty member. No work done in other courses, or work done independently, will be accepted in this exhibit. No work created in a “community service” course will be accepted. No exceptions. No substitutions! Any piece accepted into the exhibit must be exactly the same piece that is delivered to the gallery.
• • • • • • • • • • • •
Maximum number of entries
Any student who completed a Bakersfield College Art course during: Spring 2012, Summer 2012, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Summer 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014 is eligible to enter a total of three pieces for consideration. A faculty member or student worker/volunteer will be available during drop off times in FA 23 to oversee submissions. • • • • • • • • • • • •
Drop off Dates, Procedures, Times, Location
• FA 23
• Wednesday 2/19, 8:30am-6pm
• Thursday 2/20, 9:30am-4pm
• Monday 2/24, 8:30am-6pm
• Tuesday 2/25, 9:30am-4pm
1. Bring no more than three (3) submissions to FA 23 during the drop off times only.
2. Fill out a submissions form. The top part of the form will be attached to the back of your submissions and you will keep the other half.
3. Leave work in appropriate category area in FA 23 for jurying.
• Ceramics (Art B10, B11, B12)
• Digital Art- Graphic Design (Art B20, B24, B25, B40, B41, 42)
• Digital Art- Photography (Art B16, B17, B46, B47, B48)
• Drawing (B2, B3, B8, B9)
• Painting (B6, B7)
• Sculpture/3D Design (B5, B13, B14)
• Two Dimensional Design (B4)
4. Jurying will take place February 26th through 28th. Work that is selected for the show will be set aside for students to pick up and prepare for delivery to the Jones Gallery. All work must be properly framed and prepared for hanging. Sculptural work must be ready for installation on floor, pedestal, or hung as necessary.
5. Selected work must be delivered to the Jones Gallery by March 13th.
6. Show runs - April 24 - May 14.
7. Important dates:
Submission Dates & Times:
Wednesday 2/19, 8:30am-6pm
Thursday 2/20, 9:30am-4pm
Monday 2/24, 8:30am-6pm
Tuesday 2/25, 9:30am-4pm
Judging February 26-28th.
Framing March 3rd-March 11th.
Accepted artwork - delivered to Jones Gallery
Wednesday, March 12 between 1:00 and 5:00 p.m. or Thursday, March 13th between 8:00 a.m. and noon. If you are unable to deliver at this time, make arrangements with your professor. Installation of artwork in gallery by curator: March 12th-April 23rd.
Exhibit runs: April 24 - May 14.
Opening reception for the artists
Thursday, April 24th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Artists pick up artwork
May 14, between 4:00 and 6:00
May 15 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
If you are unable to pick your work up at this time, make arrangements with your professor.